Saturday, November 8, 2008

Reading Materials

One morning I went to the bathroom at work and there they were, a good few copies of Playboy were splattered across added to our magazine collection in the bathtub! Someone really scored some nice reading materials for the bathroom break eh?! I have no problems with them personally but then after a second of reality check, I was like this is a workplace and this is umm... inappropriate?! But then again, this is Argentina. Remember the aforementioned in-your-face bare titties and bumbums magazine covers all over at the newstands?

I guess at least Playboy is considerably tasteful in comparison to many other rowdy ones but this is something definitely will not happen in North America. That could easily become a case of sexual harassment lawsuit. It's kinda odd that I didn't even feel uneasy even when a coworker read it while eating lunch next to me. I think my indifference may be due to the fact that I'm already brainwashed by not only the constant racy magazine covers but also primetime TV shows where girls dancing with pretty much a bare butt in my face, being thrown up and down in almost non-existent skimpy skirts or totally see through body linen suit, or there's always a hot sunshine-girl-like in bikinis or lingerie picture on the front page, yes FRONT page, of the free dailies you get on the streets... For the guys who are reading this and are already searching for the next flight to BsAs, I don't blame you. The weather has been hitting the low 30's these days as well, so you never know what you will see on the streets. LOL

No comments: