Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Favorite Dish

Not sure why it took me so long to talk about this, anyway, here we go! Argentina is famous for their cow products and that includes eating them. The most popular way of cooking the meat here is the method called 'asado', using a 'parrilla', the grill. When we say we go to a parrilla, that means we're going to a BBQ steak house.

I, of course, have a couple favorite parrillas but my ultimate one has to be this place called Manolo in San Telmo. I love Desnivel like everyone else but Manolo has this fabulous dish which is just absolutely absolutely amazing!! Get this, it's not only a sirloin steak but they fold this big steak with ham and cheese in between, in other words, it's like a ham and cheese sandwich but the steak is the bread!!! How rad is that?! I have to say, however, may be it's the inflation or they got smart, the size of this dish has significantly shrunk since a year and a half ago. They even skimmed on the garnish! Anyway, you be the judge...upper right is this year's, on the left is last year's. Same dish.

I think I have to go back again to investigate, what do you think? eheh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cannot wait to eat this.

Unknown said...

I WANT THIS IN MY MOUTH RIGHT NOW! by the end of the week we'll have eaten this, right?