Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hay Un Problema Grande!

I have been delaying my visit to MickyD here because I know I shouldn't. However when every morning comes, I always think about Egg McMuffin. I usually save this treat for those 'special' mornings after a late night of whatever you fancy to imagine but this morning, totally out of laziness and burning curiosity, I decided to make my trip there. I pass by the Golden Arches everyday on my way to work and it´s only a block away. You see now how good I´ve been for not having been there yet?! Me so proud of me and you should too.

Anyway, hugely anticipating my first MickyD yummy breakfast with a growling stomach, I walked into the oh-so-familiar set up of everyday McDonald…but not so soon, don't let that fool you because the MickyD here does NOT have Egg McMuffin!!!! OMG!! [insert extreme thunder sound effect here, then cue in sad sad sad violin music] After a few deep breaths, I collected myself and reinvestigated the menu. Argentines aren't big in eating eggs for breakfast, as a matter of fact, not at all, so there is only one choice with egg. It is like the Egg McMuffin but with the bagel and we all know how their bagels are. Since my stomach was screaming at me, it wasn't the time to be picky, so I ordered the only alternative: 'Bagel con huevo (egg), lomito (ham) y queso (cheese)' with my tea.

While I was walking to the office, I kept thinking how can they not have McMuffin, it's such a simple thing... and then it suddenly dawned on me that I don't think I've ever seen English Muffin here! May be you could find them in the very N. American-like Palermo but I wonder how much they'd cost. Anyhow, sat down at my desk and couldn't wait to chow down this bagel thingy but guess what, the girl gave me the wrong one! It had no egg! Urgh! I could have gone back to exchange for it because the receipt did say so, but it felt so not meant to be so I stuck with the no-egg breakfast. It was quite a disappointment to say the least but on the bright side, they did give me warm milk for my tea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no. way. do you want me to smuggle some english muffins for you? xoxo cecile