Sunday, September 7, 2008

Congreso

I think it's time to talk about my current neighborhood, which could be changing really soon but I don't want to jinx anything yet because my new home is almost at my finger tips!

My hood is called Congreso and as the name says, it is because the congress building is right there. It's a very beautiful building and it's definitely one of the many famous architectures in BsAs. Somehow they don't light it at night and it's pretty much lost in the dark. Otherwise, it'd even look more majestic and I'd be able to find my way home easier at night. On the bright side though, they are saving a lot of energy and taxpayer's money for not doing so.

In front of Congreso is the Congress Plaza and it's where people protest a lot, and I think that is why they have fences up all around the beautiful structures in the plaza. It's quite unfortunate because the fences really obstructed the whole view. Congreso is a very busy area, especially during week days. There is the Congreso subte station, major big streets all around and tons of traffic going by this intersection, so I don't find this plaza an ideal place to sit and chill, not to mention the occasional protesting.

This hood is generally a very safe area, very local and is very close to everything and other barrios. Other than the congress building and the plaza to check out, there is really nothing touristy about it. The downside is really the protesting which could potentially get very ugly, cause inconveniences (as mentioned in my post a few days ago), and a lot of noise (they drum a lot here when they want to get their messages across. Great beat though!) All in all, it's a good spot and it feels kinda special that every morning when you walk out the door, the first thing you see is this gorgeous, very significant landmark of this country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Iso!

So we're dying here... When are you going to write something about your Tango experiences? Quickly... before we arrive :)