Friday, September 12, 2008

Last Piece of the Puzzle

I've been mentioning enough times about my new home so here we go!! First off, I am not living in San Telmo...I know I know how I said I reeeeally wanted to live there...but after some thoughts and numerous visits of potential new home, I realized that the current crazy-inflated prices and (disappointed) stagnant quality just not cutting it. However, I did pick a barrio that is just a 10-15mins bus/subte ride away. It's very residential, very local. Nothing touristy about it, which is a plus. AND there is a very traditional and well-known tangueria (where people go dance tango) super close to me. I didn't know until the owner told me about it and right there, on top of it being such a wicked house already, I knew I've found the place I can call home for the next few months.

The owner rents out rooms at this place so basically we are a bunch of people sharing this big house. Currently 6 of us, all are foreigners, from all over, here to stay for a while to travel, to work, to learn Spanish, to experience... My room is not very big, actually smaller than my old room, but it's definitely cozy, and I have a DOUBLE BED! I didn't even have a double bed at home. Sweeeet! Since the house is huge, there are tons of room to hang out outside of my room. Given we have wifi, I can take my computer anywhere and satisfy my cyber-addiction. Sweeeeet!

We have a cleaning lady here for most of the week, so yea, we'll be spoiled for sure, and I'll cook more in the big kitchen since washing dishes won't become an issue. eheh I did cook for my first time here yesterday and it felt good that I could finally really control what I put into my body. (Not that I'm super healthy but I do try and I had veggie today. Mom are you listening?) My good friend microwave is currently out of service which is a little bummer but hopefully it'll get well soon.

Are you ready for another awesome 'facility' we getta enjoy here? We have a projection TV with many many many channels!!!! And I CANNOT wait to watch tennis on it. I'd be so close to Federer, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Gasquet, Blake...mmmm niice.... sorry I digress. The bathrooms are white, modern, and most of all, clean (by our awesome cleaning lady eheh).

So I guess it's pretty obvious that I gave up my hippie-style and go in-style. Not that I got weak, or may be a little after a week of torture-like incidents (I'll save you from the awfulness of it for now), I did think that since I'm not only here for a few weeks, I really need a place which I can look forward to return to and have a good sleep every night. I have to also say though that luck has really been on my side so far that I scored this super cool place without having to break the bank. This deserves another Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet for sure!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks great! Have you done any dancing yet? Taken any classes? What gives?

susan