Saturday, September 6, 2008

No fuss laundry

One thing I absolutely enjoy living here in BsAs is that I don't have to do my own laundry. whahahahah Taking it to the lavadero (laundromat) is so affordable and the service is so incredibly amazing that it's actually stupid to do it yourself.

All you need to do is to take your dirty clothes/towels/bed sheets, whatever you need to get washed to the the lavadero, tell them how you want to wash them (like I usually request them to be washed in aqua frio (cold water) and I can even ask them to not dry certain ones that can't go into the dryer). And in around 4 hours, they'll have them washed, dried, smoothed out, neatly folded, bagged and ready for pick up!

Opening the bags of clean laundry is like taking out a freshly baked cake from the oven. Not only they are warm to the touch but also smell wonderful: a whisp of fresh scent of clean laundry would rush out from the bags and fill the whole room with this homey feeling. Since I don't have to do a thing and all these only cost me ~8 pesos/bag, I have to say this little relatively insignificant moment of living really brings me joy. Btw, please feel free to envy me.

Picture: I had 2 bags done this last time, with jackets, towels, bedsheets etc. All so nicely folded that you can't really tell there are quite a few big items in there, and they all cost me only 17 pesos, which was around C$6.

No comments: